Monday, August 8, 2011

Back story to baby Ford!

First of all WELCOME! I am really excited to start this blog about being a mama!!!! I have waited what seems like FOREVER (atleast to me) to be able to consider myself a mother. I guess I will give you a little background on our family so you understand where my blog is going!

Luke and I got married on October 11th, 2008... one of the best days of my life! We would have started our family right off the bat, but wanted to move to Alaska before we had "more responsibilities". Luke was born and raised here in Anchorage. The first I vistited, I was 13 or 14, I fell in LOVE with this state and wanted nothing more then to move here, luckily I married someone who was from ALASKA. So fast forward 2 years, in the spring/summer of 2010 we found out BOTH our sister in laws (Luke's brother's wives) were expecting, I have to say, it made me a little jealous! Even though I was really happy. We decided it was TIME TO MOVE and settle down in Anchorage so we could eventually start our own family! In October 2010 we finally packed the dogs, my dad (Yes, he moved too) and all of our belongings and drove the famous Al-Can. We arrived in Anchorage on October 29th after 6 days of driving, we had to go slow, due to bad weather and road conditions. We settled into the "Alaskan Winter", Luke got to snow machine quite a bit, the dogs really enjoyed the snow (for the first couple weeks, then they realized it wasn't going away anytime soon), Luke and my dad started work, I found a family to nanny for (from my house, SCORE!), we started attending Diamond Boulevard Baptist, where Luke grew up going (and my brother in law and sister in law go still)...

Around Christmas, Luke and I decided that we would start PLANNING for a baby, we decided that we wanted a fall baby, so we were going to start trying in the winter of 2011... We wanted to be able to settle in more, have a great summer this year and save up more before starting our family... I guess God had other plans for us, funny how that works!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you guys moved up here and got pregnant when you did :) And yay for starting a blog!

    ReplyDelete