Monday, October 31, 2011

Sleeping patterns= Happy Babies

Ford has been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning. The shortest he slept at night was 2 1/2 hours. So far the longest has been about 6 which is great, he does make some noise and sometimes cries in his sleep, which I wake up too. But that is only because he gets gassy! Like this morning; around 4:30 he started fussing, so I scooped him up and laid him down inbetween Luke and I, he fussed a bit in his sleep after that, so I couldn't really sleep, but atleast he was able to sleep some more. Of course, he is SOUND asleep right now, but I can't get a nap because Makayla is here! Oh well, that's part of being a mommy, right?

Ford has to be one of the all around most content babies I've been around. He is either sleeping or just looking around, smiling at stuff on the wall or in the bath tub! He has smiled at people a couple times but I think it's more because we are in his line of sight and he was smiling anyway. Like I said his only grumpy times are when he is gassy (from either end, normally a nice big burp solves his pouty little face!)

I know it's amazing to see them when they are first born, but I'm glad my mom will get to meet him when he has some personality. I think it is better if you can't see them all the time, to atleast be able to interact with them on some level!!! I am praying very hard that our travels to Washington and Oregon for Thanksgiving do not interupt my happy baby and his sleeping patterns. It is going to be a whirlwind trip anyway. The last thing I want is to be sleep deprived and have everyone meet a grumpy baby! He has been so easy going these last (almost) 8 weeks, I do not see there being a problem, but God is the only one who knows how Ford's first trip will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment