Friday, October 28, 2011

Eat, Sleep, Poop... Repeat!

Pretty much what Ford has done since he was born 7 and 1/2 weeks ago! But he's a baby, so it's normal.

He eats well and has really started sleeping less like a newborn and more like a human! He goes to sleep between 9:00-9:30pm, wakes up around 2:00am is fed, changed and back to bed in about 25 minutes and then sleeps until around 7:30am. I should probably start working on an earlier bedtime for him, but it's so hard when he LOVES to be cuddled! He has been sleeping in his pack n play next to our bed for the most part, we had him in his crib for a couple nights but I like him close. He generally makes noise around 5 so I bring him in bed with me to snuggle when Luke gets up for work!

His milk intake is 3.5oz every 3-4 hours except at night. Some people will tell you to wake baby after 3 hrs to feed... WHY? if they are happily asleep, let them be! Unless there is a medical reason, of course. Ford has been allowed to sleep when he wants (except we try and keep him awake between 7-9pm) and he has steadily put on weight since he came home from the hospital! I'd say he is about 8lbs now. We will find out 11/7 when we go to his 2 month appt. I am glad he is growing steadily and not packing on the pounds then growing. I think it is better for them to maintain their body fat, since babies cannot regulate their temps like adults can, especially with the time of year it is.

I wish I could sleep like him, anywhere, anytime. He sleeps through ANYTHING! One things for sure, as much as I hate the dogs barking, I know it has helped Ford be able to sleep with noise! They are still annoying though!

All in All, Ford is a pretty easy baby, he has made his own schedule and I adapt to it's changes as needed, he has blessed me with how easy he is, I just pray he stays this way and isn't psyching me out for his toddler years!

No comments:

Post a Comment