Thursday, December 8, 2011

3 months old!

Yesterday, Ford turned 3 months old! I am not sure how time flew by so fast, it's only a couple weeks from Christmas, Whitney's due date and New Years!!

Ford is growing like CRAZY, he is already 24 inches long. That is 5 inches he has grown since he was born!!!! He is fitting nicely into 3 month clothing, some of it is a bit big still, but that's okay, I like the fact that he has gotten good use out of the "smallest" sizes, it makes me feel like everyone bought him needed things. Even though I know most everyone (including myself) bought him NB and 3m because it's CUTE and LITTLE instead of "practical" although they need every size of clothing anyway!!

I was SO sad when I packed up all his NB clothing; we had so much of it I had to take out all his 6 month stuff and put it in one drawer so i had room in the tote that fits under his crib!!!

Ford is getting really good at being able to look around during tummy time. He has yet to roll over, but I know when it happens it will not stop. He LOVES to stand up and walk, he is so strong it is crazy, if he wasn't so spastic (like his daddy) I am sure he would be able to stand unassisted but he is always looking around so he gets wobbly. He now plays with the toys on his play mat and in his bouncer chair thing. It's so cute when he kicks at them! I put him in the REAL bouncer yesterday, but his legs are still a good inch to short to touch the ground, he didn't really care about the toys on that, just stared at me the whole time like, "what is this and why am I stuck here?!"

With Christmas fast approaching I wasn't too sure we were going to buy anything for Little Man, only because he will never remember it. But we decided to get him a couple things. I made him a photo book of his first 2 months, narrated by him!! So he can keep it knowing we gave it to him as his FIRST Christmas present! We also got him a "Poppity pop musical Dino"... I'm sure I will become annoyed at it, at some point but I saw the commercial (stupid advertising!) and thought it was TOO CUTE!!! Surprisingly it was cheaper at Freddie's then amazon or BRU, we just happened to look while we were there. I wouldn't have thought they were the less expensive of the 3.

On another note, Luke's last day at AFF is today!!!!! GOD IS GOOD...He answers prayers, Luke has gotten picked up as a welder for Nabors, they do oil work all over the world. He of course, will be up on the North Slope. I think he will really enjoy it, he hates working 10+ hrs a day, coming home and only being able to play with Ford for a couple hours before bed. This will allow him to have 2 weeks of "play time" and then when he is at work, he's at work! I really think it will be the best of both worlds for Luke, I am very excited for him. With his new job comes a raise in pay which will (God willing) allow us to BUY A HOUSE before Ford is a year old :) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to have Ford's first birthday at HOME, not in a rental! We always planned to buy then have a baby, but God decided it was best the other way around!

We are all very excited to see what the New Year will bring and what blessings God has in store for us in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment