Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Joys of being a mom!

There are too many joys to count, but my favourite one is waking up and seeing the first smile of the day when I get Ford out of his bed! Everyday starts off good when you see a gummy smile :)

I cannot lie, it satisfies me in ways I can't even describe when he is being grumpy for someone else and as soon as he sees me or I pick him up he stops. It reminds me of the eternal (I guess you can say maternal too) bond that we share, nobody can take it away or have that same bond, it cannot be duplicated nor weakened in anyway.

There are many things that warm my heart and feed my soul, but God has given mothers a special bond with their children that is second only to the relationship we SHOULD have with Christ, when it comes to these two things.

If God feels this way more so with us, then I can only imagine the heartache he feels when we do not wake up smiling for him every morning. Having God be our creator and allowing us to "create"(I use "" because obviously GOD has created each baby) and grow life is an amazing blessing, I have come to believe in the process of becoming a mother, that God has allowed us to "create" life so we understand the relationship that he wants with us. There is NOTHING stronger then the relationship between parent and child. If we all tried to create a bond with The Lord that mirrored the bond we share with our children (as mothers, as "creators") then this earth would be an amazing place full of Godly people. God has given us an AMAZING gift that many people do not think about or understand, once you become a parent you see life in a whole new light, you can now see the joy, heart ache, the ups and downs, that God goes through as he calls us to him, as we are HIS children, HE created us, it is HIS joy that shines down on us daily and HIS heart that aches when we turn our backs to him. The better your relationship with HIM, the more he will bless the relationship that you have with YOUR children.

Okay, I got off topic of where I started at, but oh well, I think it turned into something thought provoking and worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment